Discover our working group
ECSO aims to contribute towards a cybersecurity competences and capacity-building effort for the European digital agenda, through increased education, professional training and skills development, as well as actions on awareness-raising and gender inclusiveness.
Mission & Objectives
The working group focuses on the following issues:
- Education & skills: Skills verification, minimum curricula (universities), Youth4Cyber (education modules ages 6-26).
- Training / operational competences: EHR4CYBER (HR/jobs), cybersecurity training and exercise ecosystem leveraging upon cyber range environments, building up a European Cyber Range Community
- Awareness / cyber hygiene / gender inclusiveness: Women4Cyber Foundation: national chapters, role model campaigns, etc., collaboration on awareness campaigns with EU institutions/Agencies; etc
- Human factors: link with citizens and civil society on aspects related to ethics, privacy, awareness, fight against cyber crime, and societal impact
- Gather the cyber range community and showcase cyber ranges in Europe through Call to Action.
- Advocate skills verification through use case model approach (which skills needed for specific tasks or scenarios) and contribute to the development of a European cybersecurity skills framework (ENISA ad-hoc WG).
- Support HR/recruitment efforts in cybersecurity and work on implementing a job / competence platform.
- Develop minimum curricula for cybersecurity courses at university.
- Implement Youth4Cyber modules at national level with the support of members. International cooperation with ITU under discussion.
- Raise awareness on basic cyber hygiene, education & skills (through awareness calendar) and support EU and members’ awareness initiatives.
Initiatives launched by ECSO
The European Cyber Security Organisation’s (ECSO) Youth4Cyber initiative is aimed at educating and raising the awareness...Read more
Cybersecurity Awareness Calendar
Our Awareness Calendar provides some basic facts on selected subjects as well as associated solutions, services, courses...Read more
European Cyber Range Community
In March 2020, ECSO conducted a deep-dive analysis on how to better understand, define and differentiate Cyber Ranges.Th...Read more
Unlike many digital awareness initiatives for women, focusing on a wide-ranging ICT sector, our initiative targets the i...Read more
Participation to the 'No More Ransom' campaign powered by Europol/EC3
No More Ransom is an initiative to help victims of ransomware retrieve their encrypted data without having to pay to the...Read more