Mission & Objectives
The European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO) ASBL is a fully self-financed non-for-profit organisation under the Belgian law, established in June 2016.
ECSO represents the industry-led contractual counterpart to the European Commission for the implementation of the Cyber Security contractual Public-Private Partnership (cPPP). ECSO members include a wide variety of stakeholders such as large companies, SMEs and Start-ups, research centres, universities, end-users, operators, clusters and association as well as European Member State’s local, regional and national administrations, countries part of the European Economic Area (EEA) and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and H2020 associated countries.
The main objective of ECSO is to support all types of initiatives or projects that aim to develop, promote, encourage European cybersecurity, and in particular to:
- Foster and protect from cyber threats the growth of the European Digital Single Market;
- Develop the cybersecurity market in Europe and the growth of a competitive cybersecurity and ICT industry, with an increased market position;
- Develop and implement cybersecurity solutions for the critical steps of trusted supply chains, in sectoral applications where Europe is a leader.
ECSO is engaged in taking concrete actions to achieve these objectives by:
- Collaborate with the European Commission and national public administrations to promote Research and Innovation (R&I) in cybersecurity;
- Propose a Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) and a Multiannual Roadmap with its regular updates;
- Foster market development and investments in demonstration projects and pilots to facilitate bringing innovation to cybersecurity market;
- Foster competitiveness and growth of the cybersecurity industry in Europe (large companies and SME) as well as end users / operators through innovative cybersecurity technologies, applications, services, solutions;
- Support the widest and best market uptake of innovative cybersecurity technologies and services for professional and private use;
- Promote and assist in the definition and implementation of a European cybersecurity industrial policy to encourage the use of cybersecurity solutions as well as secure and trustworthy ICT solutions to increase digital autonomy;
- Support the development and the interests of the entire cybersecurity and ICT security ecosystem (including education, training awareness, etc.);
Areas of interest
- ICT Infrastructure (including cloud, mobile, networks, etc.)
- Smart Grids (Energy)
- Transportation (including Automotive / Electrical Vehicles)
- Smart Buildings and Smart Cities
- Industrial Control Systems (Industry 4.0)
- Public Administration and Open Government
- Finance and Insurance
ECSO Chairperson and Vice Chairs
Philippe Vannier is the 1 st elected Chairman of ECSO. He is currently Executive Vice-President of Big Data & Security and Chief Technology Officer at Atos Group. He has been CEO of the Bull Group since May 2010. He is also the Chairman and founder of Crescendo Industries, which he founded in 2004, Bull’s largest shareholder. Philippe Vannier is a graduate of ESPCI ParisTech and of INSEAD AMP. He also holds a DEA Génie électrique et Instrumentation from the University Paris IV. He began his career at Michelin North America, then Cobham Group and Alcatel.
ECSO Vice chairs
MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Engineering Ingegneria Informatica SpA
Infineon Technologies AG
Leonardo - Finmeccanica
Thales Communications and Security SAS
S2 Grupo de Innovacion en Procesos Organizativos SL
ETNO - European Telecommunication Network Operator's Association
FISC - Finnish Information Security Cluster
ISGS - Intesa SanPaolo Group Services SCPA
Germany - Federal Office for Information Security (BSI)
Estonia - MOD - Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Estonia
Spain - INCIBE (Secretaría de Estado de Telecomunicaciones y para la Sociedad de la
Información) - Instituto Nacional de Ciberseguridad de España S.A. - SETSI - INCIBE – CDTI
Poland - Ministry of Digital Affairs
Italy - MiSE - Ministry of Economic Development
RENIC – Red de Excelencia Nacional de Investigación en Ciberseguridad
TECNALIA - Fundación Tecnalia Research & Innovation
Luigi Rebuffi is the Secretary General and founder of ECSO (European Cyber Security Organisation). After having graduated in Nuclear Engineering at the Politecnico di Milano (Italy), he worked in Germany on the development of high power microwave systems for the next thermonuclear fusion reactor (ITER). He continued his career at Thomson CSF / Thales in France where he took on increasing responsibilities for European Affairs (R&D) in different sectors: telecom, industrial, medical, scientific, and becoming in 2003 Director for European Affairs for the civilian activities of the Group. He suggested the creation of the European Organisation for Security (EOS) and coordinated its establishment in 2007. In 2016 he contributed to the creation of ECSO and signed with the European Commission the cPPP on cybersecurity. Until 2016 and for 6 years, he has been an advisor to the European Commission for the EU Security Research Programme and President of the Steering Board of the French ANR for security research.
JUNIOR OFFICE MANAGER
ECSO offers a challenging and interesting full-time position with real development opportunities.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted
Deadline for submitting application: February 28, 2018
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Under the supervision of the Secretary General, the Junior Office Manager will support and assist the work of the ECSO Team.
The Junior Office Manager will take on administrative tasks related to the management of the office as well as support the Head of Communications in implementing the basic communication activities of ECSO.
The Junior Office Manager will support ECSO in the following aspects:
Administration: Book travels for team members and Secretary General, provide support in the day to day accounting (including logging and processing invoices and expenses and ensure their proper follow-up and filing), take care of welcoming visitors, edit & manage the Association's CRM database and distribution lists daily.
Event Management / Meeting preparation: Take part in the preparation of various ECSO events and meetings (book venues, deal with logistics arrangements, prepare meeting material in cooperation with Working Group coordinators).
Communication and business development: edit the ECSO website, assist the Head of Communication in the preparation of monthly newsletters and specific communication materials.
Relations with ECSO Members: Liaise with Members on administrative and financial matters, support the implementation of the ECSO's business development strategy.
Other: Fulfilling other responsibilities and tasks as directed by the Secretary General.
- Have experience in a similar position. Preferably in a membership based organisation;
- Familiarity with office organisation and optimisation procedures;
- Effective communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under strict deadlines;
- Quick, clear and concise drafting and reporting skills;
- Proactive, flexible and self-starter attitude are important per-requisites;
- Strong sense of confidentiality and discretion;
- IT-skills: Advanced use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel), editing website, previous experience in managing a CRM database is highly desirable;
- Excellent French verbal & written communication skills and proficiency in English
INTERNSHIP - BUSINESS ANALYST
Starting date: as soon as possible
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted
Deadline for submitting your application: February 28
Under the supervision of the Secretary General of ECSO, working with the Head of Communications and the Senior Policy Manager in charge of the Working Group dealing with market analysis and support to SMEs and regions, the intern will contribute to the following tasks:
COLLECTION & DATA ANALYSIS
- Undertake research, surveys and external consultations on topics relevant to the cyber security market
- Collection & statistical analysis of large amount of data from market studies and yearly internal survey to get the impact and main outcomes of the PPP.
- Support the preparation of the yearly PPP monitoring report to the European Commission
- Draft market and trend analysis
SUPPORT TO POLICY ACTIVITIES
- Draft discussion papers and briefing notes, support in drafting meeting minutes
- Assist the Senior Policy Manager in the preparation of events and meetings
- Monitor and report on policy developments and provide background information to the members
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic priorities and work plan of the Working Groups.
- Have relevant degree from a University or business school in economics, business management, market analysis political sciences, etc
- Have at least 1-2 years of experience in a similar position. Preferably working with/for European Institutions.
- Effective communication and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and work under strict deadlines
- Quick, clear and concise drafting and reporting skills
- Proactive, flexible, and a self-starter are important pre-requisites. The ideal candidate should be able to work under minimum supervision
- IT-skills: Advanced use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Power Point and especially Excel), info graphic, statistical analysis software, etc. Previous experience in managing a CRM database.
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills. Proficiency in other European languages could be an asset.