Discover our working group
ECSO defines the R&I roadmap in cyber security to strengthen the EU eco-system by understanding and coordinating the challenges towards digitalisation of the industrial sectors and develop a coherent strategy with other cPPP and EU initiatives.
Mission & Objectives
The mission of Working Group 6 is to contribute to define the cyber security EU R&I roadmap and vision to strengthen and build a resilient EU ecosystem. From the analysis of the challenges of digitalisation of the society and industrial sectors this WG identifies what are the capacities and capabilities to sustain EU digital autonomy by developing and fostering trusted technologies.
The activities of this Working Group are structured around the following pillars:
- Establish priorities through a Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda for the H2020 Work Programme and the future Horizon Europe and Digital Europe Programme
- Coordinate cybersecurity activities across cPPPs, Pilots Projects for the Competence Center, EU Agencies and other EU Initiatives
- Identify and support the synergies between civil defence and space for dual use cybersecurity technologies
- Pursue the Strategic Research and Innovation Roadmap and vision to strengthen the European cybersecurity ecosystem.
- Monitor the future Horizon Europe and Digital Europe Programmes and investment opportunities for R&I.
- Coordinate the cybersecurity activities across cPPPs, Pilot Projects for the Competence Center and other EU Initiatives: analysis of roadmaps
- Provide inputs to relevant cyber security technologies for dual use technologies and Space
- Support the activities of the European Commission for the implementation of the R&I programmes
- Work in coordination with JRC on taxonomy from Research to Market (mapping of taxonomies)
Initiatives launched by ECSO
Strategic R&I Priorities (SRIA)
- Drafted and submitted a SRIA for H2020 priorities as per cPPP commitment to the European Commission. Alignment with the WP2017-2020.
- Initial Areas of Interest regarding Cybersecurity for Dual Use Technologies: Identify potential gaps and the relevant collaborative actions needed to ensure long-term European cyber security and cyber development strategies in defence and maximise impact of R&I investments.
- SRIA for Horizon Europe (ECSO 2021-2027 vision) organized un 4 pillars: Society and Citizens (social good); Data and Economy; Disruptive Technologies; Digital Transformation in Verticals.
- Strategic areas of investments under the Digital Europe Programme (ECSO 2021-2027 vision) to develop a capability development plan, increase autonomy and respond to the needs of our industrial sectors: policy and technology implementation, competitiveness and market development, and competence building.
- 5 Technical papers on Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Blockchain, Digital Twin and Software supply chain (under definition)
Cooperation with EU initiatives and Agencies
- Support to ECSO members for the creation of Pilot Projects for Competence Centres: almost 40% of partners are members of ECSO. Support to coordination of cybersecurity activities with CCN Pilots
- Cooperation with EU Joint Undertakings and cPPPs: MoU signed with 5G IA and AIOTI
- Cooperation with EU Agencies (ENISA, EDA, and ESA)